Monday, November 29, 2010

Where to start....

I guess I will play a little catch up and finish writing about Phoenix....long over due...

The Fair...
-$1 rides (yes I did go on a few rides myself and felt 13 all over again)
-$1 food (mmmm elephant ears and candy apples)
-a petting zoo
-happy people everywhere
seriously what could be better!



We also hit up the World Wildlife Zoo which in my opinion was way better than the Phoenix zoo, they had lots of baby monkeys!

How creepy does this albino alligator look?...Just gives me the heebie jeebies.

I loved the giraffe too, he would come and you could drop food onto his tounge, sadly Bennett wouldn't let go of the pellets and his whole hand was covered in giraffe goo....just nasty.

This monkey was trying to reach some leaves out of the cage and couldn't so we helped him out...he was so friendly...so Melvin thought it would be nice to try and feed the other monkeys, he held out a leaf and one of the monkeys pretended to grab the leaf, but instead grabbed Melvin's hand, which made him scream like a girl....hilarious


Another fun thing we did in Phoenix was go to the Suns/Laker game...Melvin will never agree, but I thought the whole atmosphere was way more fun than the hockey games we went to, unfortunately the Lakers won, for some reason I have always hated that team.

We really did have a great time in Phoenix!

Kay

5 comments:

Jenny Fitzner said...

this looked like so much fun. Love all the pictures and stories. Too funny.

MoxleyH said...

It looks like your little family had a blast! I love the photo and memory with the giraffe! Great fun.

Carrie said...

Haha I can totally picture Melvin screaming when the monkey grabbed him! And I'm with you on the bball atmosphere (not that I've been to a NBA game yet, but still...)

melissa said...

adorable family kay...absolutely adorable.

Julie said...

cute! i was waiting to hear a little bit more about your trip and see more pics. that giraffe one is cool! sucha long tongue