Monday, May 2, 2011

Life as a parent of 4.5 kids

Nancy and Tate celebrated their 10 year anniversary in Kauai, and asked me to watch the kids while they were away. My parents came up to help out for the weekend, and Megan decided to be a good sister and took some work off so she could help me and thank goodness she did. Now here is the thing, the kids were not bad at all, they were actually really well behaved, but going from 1 kid to 4 is tough stuff. The sad part is I didn't even have to prepare one meal, Nancy had all the meals pre-made in the freezer and an activity for the kids to do everyday...so in other words she is super mom and I am just a wimp and super LAZY!
I had fun while I was there but was totally exhausted when I got home. I am glad Nancy and Tate had a good trip and I have already started to get my pay back....Nancy had to watch Tucker for a few days...and she absolutely hates dogs!
Sawyer is such a nut...check out his sweet PJ getup...he had some pretty funny comments to like, "Aunt Kay why is your belly so fat?" Or he would always call me an "eyeball."

Love this picture of my pops!


At the end of the week I wanted to take Tylee home with me, she was so helpful and the day was always easier when she was home. I can't believe how independent she is, she would wake herself up and get ready for school all by herself...thank goodness!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

You and Meg are the best sisters ever. My kids are so lucky to have you as aunties. Love ya!

Carrie said...

It's a good thing (fo the most part) that kids only come along one at a time. So we can ease ourselves into the change and get used to less and less time for ourselves to be lazy. I'm starting to freak out thinking about how much energy 2 kids are going to be!