It is official, Bennett is potty trained or has been for over a month....HOORAY! What did this entail for us, a butt load of trips to the potty, stickers, cars, accidents, laundry and crying, but now there are no more stinky diapers, from him at least; so worth it. After trying out lots of different motivators (gum ball machine, ice cream, candies;) the Cars characters were the actual lifesaver for learning to go #2 and if he got 20 stickers for going #1 he got nuggets and fries, another one of his favorite things! He also love to sing the "Do the potty dance," song and read books on the toilet, also running around in the buck for few days seemed to help too! I am so proud of him, nothing is more cute than a toddler running around with little undies on! Life is much easier now that he can hold it longer than 10 minutes too whew! On a side note Uncle Tate watched Bennett last week while we went on a sister's night out, Bennett hadn't had an accident in weeks, but he decided it would be funny to pull off his ginch and pee all over her brand new carpet installed a week ago. I was surprised he was still alive when I got back! Just kidding Tate didn't even get that mad, but I sure felt horrible. What a little TURKEY! Did you know salt is one of the best things to de-odourize a carpet, a little tidbit Tate taught us, who would have thunk eh? Sorry Nancy and Tate I will continue to feel horrible until one of your kids does likewise!




No comments:
Post a Comment