Alan is my big brother, growing up he tortured me on a regular basis. He bribed me to do his dishes and clean his room and most of the time he didn't even end up paying me! He always cheated at monopoly by being the banker and he always hogged the t.v. and nintendo! On road trips he would tighten my seatbelt against my neck and make me squawk. I always had to clean his dingy bathroom because he wasn't very good at it. Fortunately the good outweighs the bad; he is the best person to go to a movie with (especially comedies), his laugh always makes the show that much more funny. His dance moves are unreal, he is pretty smart and can beat me at any trivia or strategic board game. In high school he would take me out to Yotee's and even pay; He even had cute friends come over all the time, which I loved! To this day Alan is definitely one of my favorite people to be around, when he is around, everyone is laughing and entertained. I don't know a soul who doesn't enjoy him. I just love my big brother!
That is why I am so excited for Bennett to be a big brother! Yes it is true, I am due the 7th of July! I am positive he will torture his little sibling, (remember I am one of those annoying people who don't like to find out what I am having...deal with it), but I am sure the good will only outweigh the bad! I know Bennett will make a great big brother!


So I decided to tell Melvin baby #2 was on its way by sending Bennett out in this t-shirt...his response was, "When does Big Brother start?" hmmm I thought he was a little slow until I told my family the same way, my dad said, "uhghg Big Brother, I hate that show!" Everybody else seemed to pick up on the exciting news right away!
Yesterday I had my ultrasound and it took forever, I tried to convince the Tech to tell Melvin we were expecting twins, but the Tech didn't think my idea was very funny. All in all we are pretty excited to be adding another little bundle of joy to our family!

Kay
14 comments:
that woul dhave been so great if the tech told melvin you were having twins! i love that you don't find out. Didn't find out with talia and found out with this one. I would hate that i found out and loved the surprise in the end. If i could take it back i would! exciting! hope you're feeling well!!!
exciting!!!
YAY!! I am so excited for you guys. By the way tell melvin I am mad that he wouldn't let you tell me earlier! Can't wait to meet he or she! I think leaving it a surprise is better too! Congrats again!
Bennett is seriously the cutest baby boy. I hope my little boys are as cute as him.
Congrats on the baby. That is so exciting. I feel like everyone who had a baby around the time Viv was born is pregnant with #2. Better jump back in... maybe... ha.
haha. you would try to get the tech to tell melvin that. haha iw ould have loved to see his face! congrats again., we're so excited!
Great post. Bennett is so stinkin cute I can hardly handle it. I'm so excited for July to get here. Hurry up and do the post your brewing up.
So excited for you guys! I'm sure Bennett will be a fabulous big brother! I can't wait to see what you have. :)
Congrats again, we are so excited for you guys! I'm glad we got the timing right this time. Just think, Bennett can pick on Nixon, and Nixon AND my new baby can pick on your new baby. Maybe I will win in the end like I did with you back in the day! haha Hopefully my kids won't be as mean as I was ;)
Congratulations K!! Its so much fun to watch siblings interact with each other!!
This is Jill logged in as Care haha. Congrats! You are so funny. I loved your description of Alan, I can just remember those days. I love that you don't find out. We didn't with Dani, that is awesome to be surprised the real birth day. And I love the big brother shirt that confused people.
Lol I love that no one got the tshirt. Congrats! we are so excited for you guys!
Kay that is awesome....and I LOVE your dad and Melvin's response to the shirt...hilarious! And I agree, Alan is one of a kind, he is a great guy, we had a lot of fun when he was around!
Congrats Kay, a shared relative of ours spilled the beans when we told them we were pregnant, that is great! We are like a month apart, how fun to have kids close in age! bennett looks so grown up in those pictures, I think hes ready to be a big bro! Congrats!
Congratulations you guys! That is so exciting. Bennett will be such a great big brother. He is so stinking cute!
Post a Comment