Sunday, February 27, 2011

What the heck!!!

So last week I went in for a massage that Melvin booked for my anniversary gift! I was totally excited about it...My massage therapists starts asking about my medical history...no big deal, after talking for about 5 minutes she says:

"So what nationality are you...?"
I pause for a second not knowing how to respond and kinda give her a weird look, then she goes on to say,
"Well I was just wondering because your accent sounds Swedish." In my mind I am thinking what the heck?
So I sheepishly respond, "no I am English!" which was followed by,
"Oh then you must be excited about this big Royal Wedding going on and the new couple coming to visit Canada!"

How do you respond to that....I was just like yeah kinda exciting and in my mind I am thinking...why didn't I respond "Canadian!" IDIOT! I didn't really talk the rest of the appointment. hahahah

Do I mumble that bad that people think I have a European accent?" -Dad please don't answer that question for me...I already know your thoughts. Really Swedish? common lady.

I told my sister the story and she said,
"well maybe your voice was a little muffled by the pillow"....unfortunately I was still fully clothed sitting in a chair, but thanks for trying to make me feel better.

Kay

7 comments:

The Dudleys said...

Swedish?...I love it. This story made my day.

Nancy said...

Love the blog title. Only the oddest things happen to you. Makes me chuckle. Swedish accent. haha funnier thing is you said you were English. Baha!

Julie said...

hahahaha WHAT? that's hialaroius!!!!! an accent????? hahahahahaha love it

Julie said...

ps. how was the massage? i can't wait to go!

Mrs. Hughes said...

oh this is sublime. you are just too much for me sometimes. A)sweedish!! hilarious, I'm so glad your a teacher. B) English! who says that? how about caucasian? and C) you are a soft talker sometimes, but I don't think anyone ever would confuse you for being European (other than your body hair)! BAHAHAHAHAHAA just kidding, you know I had to add that! love you

janna and stephen said...

bah!!! hilarious!! too funny kay

the fellers said...

Oh my gosh Kay...that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!