Wednesday, May 4, 2011

HeLP!

I think my husband is trying to kill me...

My doctor has advised me to cut out sugar until after this baby arrives...not because I failed the sick orange syrup test, but because he doesn't want me to have a 15lb baby...ok that may have been a bit of an exaggeration...moving on, he told me to start after the Easter break thank goodness.

So I started about a week ago and was doing pretty good until Melvin says, "I am just craving homemade cookies, I think I will make some," I reply, "are you serious? This is my first couple days off sugar, you haven't made cookies in like a year and now you crave them, ughgh! He made them and I may have cheated and ate 3 cookies total, not bad! The next day he asks if I want a bowl of ice cream....umm hello I have cut out sugar, so him and Bennett decide to share a tub of rainbow sherbet (my favorite) right in front of me. Yesterday he decided to do a little grocery shopping and brought home some fresh donuts from Safeway and asks if I want one! Next thing you know he will bringing home a pecan cluster blizzard and that could just send me over the top!

The sad part is I am not normally a sugar lover, I love chips, popcorn, crackers, basically anything salty. But for some reason this pregnancy I love sugar, mostly donuts and ice cream. Only 2 more months....if I don't answer the phone for a few days you will know Melvin has still been up to his sleazy tactics and done me in!

On a happy note, it is my Grandpa Bennett's 90th Birthday today!...He is just the greatest man you'll ever meet!

3 comments:

Jen and Josh Payne said...

haha sounds like Josh. I'll say ok we need to eat healthy and then sure enough he made cookies the other day too! And he never makes cookies. Husbands...can't live with them can't live without them. I want to see prego pictures of you!

Carrie said...

Ha ha that is so funny. I'm pretty sure Nick hasn't ever made cookies in his life! So you are lucky - now you just need to look up a good sugar free recipe and make him make them OFTEN. I bet Melissa Elder has some great recipes...

The Dudleys said...

Um I kinda want to kill Melvin for you! I would die! Tyler hasn't made cookies in...EVER. I don't think he even knows how. Maybe Melvin could teach him?