Monday, December 19, 2011

Time to say goodbye!


It is always hard to say goodbye, especially when it is someone who has played such a huge role and influence in your life. My Grandma Dora Bennett passed away on Novemeber 29,2011. To be quite honest I was devastated! It was quite sudden, I am just so lucky and grateful I got to say goodbye. I know it was her time to go and that she is happy where she is now ! I just wanted to do a list of some memories and things that I loved about this amazing woman:
-she was always dressed to the nines...she had the most beautiful outfits, classy jewelry (she definitely rocked the broach)and the biggest closet full of shoes that I loved to try on as a little girl
-I loved to go watch her touch up her make-up in the bathroom because she would powder my nose and spray me with her favorite perfume Giorgio!
-she was an amazing cook, creamed peas, homemade buns, pumpkin pie and goof balls were some of my faves! You always left her table beyond full
-she loved to play cards and sometimes you could catch her cheating (Old Maid, 7's, 99 and 65)
-she taught me how to make a bed, wash my hair and set the table properly
-I loved to ride the golf cart with her around the desert (Palm Springs)
-she had a great sense of humor...Knock knock..whose there? Flower, flower who? Flower Pot, was a joke she once told us. hahah
-she loved to sing songs to us when we were little
-I loved her soft chuckle
-she was so small and petite, I was so excited when I passed her in height
-she always remembered our birthdays
-she was always smiling
-she loved to brag about her grandchildren
-she had a strong testimony of the gospel, I loved to hear it at the reunions
-I loved her knuckle knock to pass during cards, and the way she kept the beat during Matthew, Mark, Luke and John with her thumbs out!(a bit of an inside joke I guess)
-she had so many friends
-I love how proud she was to have my grandpa as her husband, she always told me how lucky she was
-she has 28 grandchildren and 63 great grandchildren and counting....wow what a legacy she has left!
My grandma had the most beautiful funeral service; I know she loved it. The grandchildren and great grandchildren got to sing "Families Can Be Together Forever" and "I Love To See The Temple" which were her favorite primary songs! She looked beautiful happy and peaceful! Grandma you were loved by many and we will really miss you!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What a great post, Kay. I loved reading all the memories - she reminds me so much of Grandma Betty!

Mrs. Hughes said...

This post made me tear up for missing my Gramma. Great job Kay!