Thursday, April 12, 2012

I can't believe we are still married!

I am kidding, I am so grateful to be Melvin's wife! We celebrated our 5 year anniversary on February 17th! Man does time fly. On our anniversary we went out to a restaurant called the "Dish," it wasn't my fave, but it did have a really cool jazz band playing while we ate. Afterwards we played a little mini golf to end the night, and hit up an Oilers game a couple days later nothing to crazy! Melv is a pretty amazing friend, husband and father, if there was no such thing as hockey and golf I am sure we would never fight, hahah. I am a pretty lucky lady to have scored such a catch. For our anniversary I made Melvin a book called Remember when... which had as many funny and cute memories that we have had so far, and planned a date a month for the rest of the year, it should be fun to try new date ideas that we have never done! My favorite thing about our anniversary was looking back on the last five years to see how much we have accomplished together. I graduated and started my first teaching job, Melvin has worked for 2 companies, we bought our first house, had 2 kids, went on my first airplane ride, travelled to Mexico, Cayman Islands, Hawaii, got a dog. All of that in just 5 years WOW! I'd say we have lived a pretty awesome life together so far, I can't wait to see what the future holds!
ughg stupid iPhone pictures are so blurry.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Cute post! Since when do you scrapbook??? What a good gift idea though.

Kamry Low said...

I had no idea we were married onthe same day and year. I still remember when jason and i were on and off dating and when we were on our off dating he took you out on a date haha. funny we ended up getting married the same time and having our first kid the same time.

love your other posts! so happy that bennett is potty trained for you. Undies/ panties are the cutest on kids.