Sunday, September 23, 2012

Canada Day!

We spent Canada Day out in Elk Point which has become quite the tradition now. It was a special year because Deanna was the parade marshall, which is a big deal in this town, and because the whole Easthope family was able to be together which doesn't happen too often!
 
 

We had a great time attending the festivities, watching the fireworks, eating great food and playing games around the fire pit. Volleyball tennis was one of my highlights!
Bennett took a spill and his best buddy Brady was there to console him; he loved Brady!
Melvin and I are the town's 2 time reigning champs at the farm race, we have had to do crazy things like jump a hail bail, kiss a pig, and put together a metal fence. This year they took it up a notch, I had to tackle a big goat and tie it's 3 legs together, and by no means am I a cowgirl. By the end I was covered in poop and we were dethroned to 3rd place. We lost to some young guns; we are getting too old for this kind of stuff. Blaine please don't try to convince me to do it next year, I always give in!
 
Bennett and Benson are always into trouble, add Uncle Spencer to the mix and look out!
Thanks for a fun Easthope reunion Blaine and Deanna!

No comments: