Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Weekend!

Hope everyone had a great Easter Holiday, we sure did! Nancy and her kids came up to Edmonton for a visit and we had a lot of fun. Then we headed to good ol' Elk Point for the rest of the weekend for some delicious food, conference watching, treasure hunting and a bonfire night. Here are some pics that captured our week!

Melvin was in heaven because Sawyer loved to play hockey outside with him!


Meanwhile, Tylee lugged Tucker around all day....he loved the attention



The weather was beautiful and we spent most of the day outside!


Later that night Kellie and the kids came over and we had some tasty sloppy joes, we went kite flying, and the kids decorated some Easter sugar cookies...I wish I got some pics of this.

The next day we all headed to Millenium Place out in Sherwood Park to swim. Bennett loved the water, he was content for a good 2 hours in the floaty fish, isn't he cute?


While we were swimming, Sawyer and I went down the water slide together. I landed on the little guys toes and pretty much broke them. He hobbled around in pain for the rest of the weekend...he did look a little funny while he walked which would make me laugh; but mostly when I saw him I felt guiltier than a prostitute in church would when he limped....good thing he is a tough little guy! Another funny thing that happened is while we were in the change room at the pool a prepubescent teen walked up to Megan and said..."umm did you get that towel from the showers because I think it is mine!" Megan looked over to me and said, "didn't you grab this towel out of my locker for me?" ummm sorry no hahah that is right Meg took a complete strangers towel and had to give it back to the girl...it was sopping wet! It was hilarious! Geez I love Megs. We ended the day off with a tasty dinner at Megan's house and a bonfire. In the morning we met at Cora's and had a tasty breakfast!

Later that day we headed to Elk Point and had a great Easter meal...Here is Melvin's dad cutting up the bird!


Later that day we went hunting for treasure...that's right, there are treasures hidden all over the World...ask me about it sometime! We did find a treasure but I forgot to take a pic.





We had a great week! It was great to see family.


Kay

5 comments:

The Dudleys said...

Guiltier than a prostitute in church LOL that is a gooder! Looks like you guys had a fun easter! I want to know about treasures all over the world. Please.

Carrie said...

Bahaha I love Megan! And I love that you kept describing all your food as 'tasty'. You are so cute Kay.

Kelsey Gibb said...

Kay your little boy is such a freakin doll!! And I still can't stop laughing about that story of megan.....not surprised one bit!

Kamry Low said...

i can't believe meagan took someones towel! i'll be laughing all night about that! so great! suonds like you had fun!

Spence said...

Great post. My favorite one yet. Elk Point looks beautiful. I will definitely have to go sign seeing there.

What a gorgeous family you have. So much fun.