
So a few weeks ago Meg and I decided to go out for lunch at the Olive Garden...one of my personal faves! We had a great time chatting eating heaps of their bread sticks, soup and salad; meanwhile Bennett played quietly on the floor with his toys. Near the end of our meal the waitress brought in a lady and her daughter to sit right behind us, she looked at us and said to the waitress "ummm do you have anywhere else for us to sit?" The waitress said, "No this is one of the only places left that has a server," the lady rolled her eyes and said "well we can eat at a different restaurant then," and left.
Two minutes later the waitress brought in a mom and her son (who was about 12) they were about to sit down and the mom said, "can you please seat us somewhere else?" The server asked, "Do you mind me asking why?" "Because there are babies in this section!" The server explained that the babies really hadn't made any noise during the whole meal; the lady said she still would like to be moved. The waitress said there was nowhere else to sit and the lady rudely said "fine," and sat down. uhghg how rude. Really, I could understand if it was dinner time and you were on an date for an anniversary and wanted a quiet intimate dinner without babies, but it was lunch time and she was with her son. What did they really need to talk about that was so intimate?
It was at that moment that I said a little prayer that the lady would someday have the worst behaved grandchild ever....Christ-like I know, but I had too. Umm another thing that drove me nuts was hello...she obviously had a baby once too, you think she would be more considerate and understanding, plus none of the babies were even making noise. Ughhg people these days.
Kay
7 comments:
You shoulda punched the lady and then apologized for the "noise" it made. Hahahaha.
What?! how could she say that after taking one little at that cute lil' guy?! pff.i can't believe that one lady ate somewhere else. what a bag
2 different people asked to be moved ??? I would have asked to be moved too if i had to sit by you and megan.
Kay you should have done everything in your POWER to make Bennett loud. Then you and Megan should have talked REALLY loud and laughed and then on your way out ask the lady if she had a nice lunch! Just kidding the prayer was a much better idea, I think he has a sense of humor.
I have nothing special to say other than people are rude and psycho. and you told me I had to comment if I read your blog. this will have to be sufficient for now. I'll think of something fun to say later and then add it.
she probably DID have bratty kids, and thought there was no way a baby could behave. but also... HELLO you're in Olive Garden! not the keg! (even though I would totally bring Milo to the Keg too...)
Also, this is hilarious, because I brought Milo with me to the Olive Garden, and everyone was talking to him, and smiling, and loved him. Complete opposite. They must have sat us in "the baby section" ;)
Seriously?! Some people are soooo rude! Besides Bennett is one of the cutest and friendliest little boys ever!
Post a Comment